Convert PDF Documents to Word Without Effort
|Internet media type||application/pdf||doc-application/msword|
|File format name||Portable Document Format||Microsoft Word Binary File Format|
|Associated programs||Adobe Viewer, Ghostscript, Ghostview, Xpdf, gPDF, Acrobat Reader||Microsoft Word (97-2010), WordPerfect, AbiWord, Apple Pages, AppleWorks, KWord, Microsoft Word, StarOffice, IBM Lotus Symphony|
|Initial Release:||June 15, 1993||October 25, 1983|
How to convert PDF to Word online
- Open the app in your web browser.
- Click Choose File and browse for a PDF document on your device.
- For files stored online, click one of the cloud storage service icons.
- Wait for the upload to finish. Click Convert Now! to proceed.
- Your DOCX file will be ready in seconds. Click Cancel or the orange trash can icon to stop.
- Click Work on your PDF and choose what else you’d like to do with your PDF.
- Click Download DOCX to save the converted Word file to your device.
- Click Start over again if you want to convert another PDF.
The Supreme Features Comparing Chart
As a result of the multiplicity of competitors online, choosing the right software product can be tough — especially if you don’t correctly weigh up it with the alternatives. Our benchmarking chart will assist you to easily identify your preferred tool to Convert PDF Documents to Word. Assess the strong features of PDFtoWORD.
|No software downloads||✔||✔||❌|
|Cloud storage||Unlimited||No info||No info|
|Price||Free||Free 7-Day Trial paid||Free 7-Day Trial paid|
|Encryption and security||✔||✔||✔|
Customer Reviews — Trusted by great people
What I like the most is how fast it is at converting pdfs to editable word documents. I use this application on my laptop and mobile all the time. Alto is flexible and free.
It’s a fantastic online converter for me. All you gotta do is drag & drop your PDF, and Alto converts it to a Word doc in seconds. It didn’t cost me a penny.
Now I can change my pdf file to word format without additional software installations or payments. You get fast conversions. Great for college.
How to Convert a PDF file to Word
How to Convert PDF to Word online
One of the fastest and effortless ways to change a document's format is with the usage of an online converter. It's a good choice because it has a simple interface and it's not overloaded with advertisements. Also, AltoConvertPDFtoWord has free services and no limitations on the number of files you work with per hour or day. There are also no payments or registrations, which means you will not get any irritating messages. Operations are made anonymously and it guarantees the protection of every user’s personal information.
The format changing goes fast and easy when you adhere to the following steps:
- Open the web-solution.
- Import the document to the service from your internal or cloud storage.
- Click the Convert Now button and wait several seconds.
- Save the final .doc template to the device’s internal storage.
Online services are good not only because of their simplicity but also because of their cross-platforming abilities. The key option that makes the services easily accessible from any device is the fact that it's connected to the Internet. It doesn't require any installation and it doesn't take up a single megabyte of memory in the user’s device. In these days of working on the go, it's a perfect alternative. Those who have the opportunity of making a template conversion from any computer or smartphone can use this solution to save time that you can dedicate to other businesses.
How to Convert PDF to Word Using Google Chrome
Google Chrome is a very popular browser. It's easy to use and install. Its interface is simple and it also serves as a background platform for additional applications. It also can be enriched with numerous extensions. In fact, any user can customize Chrome according to their personal needs. It's very flexible and can be changed on any level, starting with style, search and security and finishing with specialized professional tools. Document management extensions are also available. One of the best of them is Alto Convert PDF to Word. Here is how you can convert PDF to Word with this extension:
- Install the extension from Chrome Web Store.
- Click at the icon that appears in the extensions panel at the right up corner.
- Select the file and import it using Google Drive or internal memory.
- Click on the Convert button and you will get a document copy with the perfect quality in Word format.
- Save the final variant of the file.
Alto Convert for Chrome is simple in installation and use the extension. It helps to better change the format of your document. It is very sensitive to the components the template contains and saves every formatting and position peculiarity of PDF file, transforming it in the editable Word document. Having the service, installed in the browser you will always have a converter by hand and will not need to spare time on research or installation of software.
How to Convert PDF to Word Using Tools for Windows
Windows has no pre-installed tools for editing PDFs. The only default possibility is reading PDFs in default Explorer or Edge. That is why you should process the needed file using web-based solutions or install the appropriate software. One of the most popular solutions for document creation among Windows users is Microsoft Word. It can be installed separately or be a part of the Office 365 pack. Anyway, PDFs can be easily transformed into a .doc format with it. Here is a detailed tutorial on completing a conversion:
- Find the PDF document.
- Right-click on it to see the options.
- Select Word as an option for opening.
- Once the program starts opening the file, it will notify you about the transformation of PDF into Word.
- The template will convert automatically and will be available for editing or sharing.
Those who have used Word before and have it on their computer can easily complete the conversion process. In addition to that, every converted document can be further edited or transformed. This application is perfect for anyone because of its multi-functional tools which are always on hand in case you need them. You can use any other applicable way of conversion. You can find out your options by viewing the list given on the website.
How to Convert PDF to Word With Preview on Mac
Understanding the basics of PDF documents is basically vital for any internet user. And fortunately, Mac OS users can preview, merge pages, highlight or underline textual information. Preview can easily open any templates and help you complete to basic operations in them. You can create a handwritten-like signature, insert text to the template or add a sticky note to it. Conversion is not included in this service, but it’s available from Google Docs. The only thing you need to do before the conversion is to create a Google account. If you already have, it is even simpler.
To change a document on Mac with Google Docs follow these steps:
- Open the Google Doc in your browser.
- Upload the document to the service.
- In the upload settings, specify that you want to save the file in Google Docs format.
- After the template available online, save it to the device as an MS Word document.
This option is available for every Mac user, but you need to register first. If you are going to work with a document often, the whole procedure makes sense. Alternatively, if you don’t have a Google Account, you can use a more preferable alternative. For example, it’s possible to use an online converter or install a mobile application. For regular document processing, it’s better to use a multi-functional online toolkit or desktop application.
How to Convert PDF to Word With Adobe Acrobat Reader
Being the founders of PDF documents, Adobe keeps creating multiple software solutions for processing them. There are a number of applications for different platforms and there are free and paid versions of Acrobat with different sets of tools. The mobile version and Acrobat Reader DC is available for free. It contains a basic set of functions that can be used by any individual. The conversion option is also available in it, as well as in the free mobile application. A PDF can easily be transformed into a .doc with these step-by-step instructions:
- Open the document in the installed version of Acrobat.
- Go to Tools and select Export PDF.
- Include the Word format of the document.
- Click on Export and specify the location of your future document.
- Apply the changes and the final file will be saved.
Before making changes in any document, it is necessary to install Acrobat to your computer and authorize it there. If you haven't used the app before, then you will need to register for it.
You will have the ability to synchronize all information and used files from any device. For more options, the Pro version is always available. It has a one-week trial period. Further on you will need to select a subscription type and make a payment.
How to Convert PDF to Word on a Phone
If you use electronic documents, most likely, you receive them in Portable Document Format. This file type makes it easier for you to sign documents. However, editing these documents becomes a problem in this format, so to overcome that, converting your PDF to Word is essential. Follow these guidelines to complete this process on a phone/tablet while using an online browser:
- Go to AltoConvertPdfToWord.com.
- Upload the document from your device or cloud storage.
- Let the file upload, then click Convert Now!.
- Select the Download DOCX button to save the data on your device or use the Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive icon(s) to upload it to the cloud storage of your choice.
- If you need to transform the file to a PDF again, consider using pdfFiller’s editor to make instant changes to the file.
Alto’s web-version is fully optimized for mobile browsers, so everything happens the way it should. The conversion is fast and the quality isn’t lost at any point in the process.
Feel free to use it from your desktop or mobile browser at any time.
With AltoConvertPdfToWord.com, you can convert PDF to Word with comfort and ease. Add it to your browser bookmarks and never lose it. Check out other Alto services on Altopdf.com and use our platform for all of your document-related tasks!
How to Convert PDF to Word on iPhone or iPad
When you need to convert PDF to Word on iPhone or iPad, you can do it with our Alto application. The best solution for converting! Go to the AppStore, type 'altoPDF' in the search field and find the app. Then follow these instructions to transform files faster:
- Open the application.
- Choose a document you need to transform from your device or cloud services.
- Select the pages you need in the converted sample.
- Wait while your document processes.
- Download your file.
By using this app, you can choose what pages you want to see in your sample. Another benefit is that Alto integrates with pdfFiller and signNow, so you can use these platforms to fill, edit and sign PDFs directly on the website or from the app.
Consider using this software to avoid wasting time converting forms.
If you do not have an opportunity to download the application from the AppStore and convert PDF to Word on an iPhone, try using the online solution ‘altopdf.com.’ Just open it up in your browser and enjoy!
How to Convert PDF to Word on Android
One of the easiest ways to convert PDF to Word on Android is to install an application. You can find many programs in the PlayMarket, but we recommend Alto converter. It works online and for free. The instructions below will help you transform more files right from your phone:
- Go to the PlayMarket. Find AltoPDF to Word converter and install it.
- Open the application. Upload a file. Tap Convert Now!.
- Download the document to your device or cloud services.
- Edit and e-sign the sample using pdfFiller or signNow. Accelerate your document management processes.
This app is the right solution for people who need to transform files and don't want to pay more. Get this, it is absolutely free! Change the format any amount of times and don't pay a cent more for conversions. Never see annoying ads that waste your time and hinder you from completing your job.
We are 100% sure our app will help you change the format from PDF to text files on Android.
With AltoPDFtoWORD Converter, it will take you a few seconds. First, drag and drop the initial file, then press the orange button and when the procedure is finished, decide what to do with the final document. You can save, download, edit, share, import to GoogleDrive, ICloud or DropBox and even sign and secure.